Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jasmine tea and mandarin jelly cups with strawberries

About a week ago, I discovered this blog called raspberri cupcakes (http://www.raspberricupcakes.com/) and may I just say.. it has some of the yummiest looking desserts I have seen. I wanted to eat them off the screen! But obviously that is impossible.. so I went out to make one of the easiest ones on the blog because I'm a terrible cook/chef/baker! So, I tried out her '

Mandarin & Jasmine Tea Cup Jellies with Raspberries' recipe. It's an easy recipe, for in my case.. it was even easier because I didn't have the gelatin or agar agar powder, so I opted out for the old 'create-your-own aeroplane jelly' stuff! 



I've included some images of how my jellies turned out. Obviously my photo shooting skills aren't amazing, anddddddd the quality isn't that great either (point and shoot camera). 






 Here is the recipe from raspberri cupcake's blog: (with her images included - well.. how the cup SHOULD look like..)


Mandarin & Jasmine Tea Cup Jellies with Raspberries
(makes approximately 4 tea cup jellies)
Juice of 2-3 fresh mandarins (about 1/3 cup) plus extra mandarin to decorate (can be replaced with fresh orange juice)
1 tbsp powdered gelatine (can be replaced with agar)
1 tbsp sugar
400ml (approx 1 & 2/3 cups) boiling water
1 tsp jasmine tea leaves (can be replaced with other tea - e.g. green tea or earl grey)
1 punnet fresh raspberries (can be replaced with other berries)

Place boiling water and tea leaves in a bowl and leave to steep until it is strong enough to your liking, at least 10 mins. In a small saucepan, stir together gelatine, sugar and mandarin juice and leave for 1 minute while gelatine softens. Place over medium heat and stir until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 6-8 minutes.
Mandarin & Jasmine Tea Cup Jellies with Raspberries
Strain tea to remove leaves and stir in gelatine mixture. (Feel free to adjust the balance of flavours to taste at this point) Pour mixture into tea cup, add a few rasberries to each tea cup. Chill in the refrigerator until set, at least  2 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and top with extra mandarin slices and raspberries. Can be stored in the fridge for a couple days.

Enjoy! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment